At the beginning of the 18th century, Carmelite monks settled in Kėdainiai. Local residents reformers opposed the Carmelite monks, therefore they built their church only in 1766. The volumes of the church and nearby belfry are large and massive, forming a calm and monumental silhouette. Altars of the second half of the 18th century and valuable paintings with settings of St. Joseph and Blessed Virgin Mary and her child were preserved inside. The walls and ceiling were decoratively polychromed. Retables of the side altars painted on boards were a perfect illusionary match, however they did not remain to this day. In 1963, St. Joseph’s Church was closed and turned into a warehouse. In 1991, it was restored and returned to churchgoers. Closed on Mondays.
Radvilų str. 10 , Kėdainiai