With the care of the nobleman Petras Šiukšta, the constructions of a brick church in place of the wooden one began in 1635.
Bernardine Monastery was established in Dotnuva in 1701, whose brick building kept on growing.
In 1812, a chapel was built in Gudžiūnai where priests would only sometimes come to hold their services, however, there was great rejoicing during Whit Sunday in Gudžiūnai. In 1910–1911, a Gothic wooden Church of the Holy Heart of Jesus was built under the project of architect Kačkovskis, and funded by Count A. Chrapovickis.
Paberžė Manor owner Count Šilingas built a wooden church which soon burned down. In 1858, a wooden Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Church was built (and still stands to this day).