With the care of the nobleman Petras Šiukšta, the constructions of a brick church in place of the wooden one began in 1635.
It is established 5 km to the north from Kėdainiai, near Nevėžis inflow Alkupis River. Apytalaukis was mentioned for the first time in H. Vartbergė's "Chronicle of Livonia" in 1371.
Ašarėna is a small river in Pelėdnagiai Local Authority. It starts at the edge of Pašiliai forest. It flows to the northeast along the edge of the forest, and through the forest further on. It flows in the lower reaches through Kėdainiai–Babtai road and flows into Nevėžis. Ašarėna pond covers 5.7 ha by Pelėdnagiai village. A well-kept swimming site is installed, which is particularly favoured by the locals and Kėdainiai townspeople. There are changing cabins, toilets, a tower, a sand beach and a car parking lot.
Babėnai forest-park, covering an area of 292 ha, is on the northern side, and expands to almost 5 km on the right slope of Nevėžis Valley, along Kėdainiai–Krekenava road from Kėdainiai hospital until Sirutiškis.
Bakainiai Mound Complex, consisting of a castle hill with two fore-works and defensive ramparts, is one of the largest mounds in our district providing beautiful views of nature.