The wooden Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Consoler of the Afflicted of folk architecture was relocated in 1857 from Pašušvis.
In 1774, the owner of Šventybrastis Count Zaviša built a wooden Church of Christ's Transfiguration.
In 1988, during the Soviet era, a permission was received to build a new church with the persistent efforts of the parishioners. Project works and the constructions of the church began in 1989. The constructions were managed by the parish priest Petras Baniulis. The cornerstone of the sacral building was blessed on 19 June 1990. Blessed in 1998.