The square was formed in the 16th century, on the steep terrace of the right bank of Nevėžis River, and was the main marketplace of Kėdainiai. There are 17th century buildings near the square: houses of glaziers, the house of Burgomaster George Anderson and the Evangelical Reformed Church. Today, there are various cultural town events organized in the square. The square is decorated with a monument dedicated to the noble family Radvilas, called the "Chest" (2006 m., auth. A. Bosas, bronze, granite, 350x170x400cm). The monument includes a massive chest symbolizing the treasury of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, and the bust of the great commander of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania Jonušas Radvila erected above it. Formations of soldiers – Swedes and Lithuanians are erected nearby and frozen against each other. The head of one of the fighting army soldiers is hacked off and fallen on the ground: this symbolizes the fragility of human existence. 1655 was truly a hard time for Lithuania: it was invaded by the armies of the Moscow Tsar from one side, and the Swedish King from the other. Jonušas Radvila decided to take his loyal soldiers and leave Vilnius by going to Kėdainiai which was owned by his relatives. When leaving the capital, he burned the Green Bridge going through Neris River, as well as took the state's treasury. In 1655, under his initiative, a treaty was signed with the Swedes, which is symbolized by two hands in the monument.